Today, DFW CIA (Chinese IT Association) leadership group kicked off the activity planning sessions for the remaining of the year for the members. We are going to have the following activities:
- A soft skill seminar on Communications and Leaderships in Sept.
- Seven workshops on Big Data and IoT in Oct. and Nov.
I am so proud and humbled to be part of such an incredible hardworking and intelligent leadership group. This team has inspired me to brush up my technical skills and keep up with the cutting-edge technology. It has been truly a great experience working with you all. I really enjoyed the teamwork and expertise among the leadership. Together, we have accomplished so much this year:
- Obtained non-profit organization status.
- Have total 938 WeChat group members and 91 registered members.
- Shared job experience, technical advice, provided job opportunity information and helped multiple people find jobs or get better jobs via our two WECHAT groups.
- Built our DFW CIA website
- Organized following formal events:
- Technical seminar on Artificial Intelligence, Big data and Cloud Computing
- Interview skill discussion
- Six workshops on AWS
- Two networking lunches
- Six members achieved AWS certifications
Xia Chen, Paul Wang for AWS Certified Solution Architect -Associate
ShuMing Liu for three AWS Certifications (3 Associates)
YuJun Liang and Logan Song for AWS Certified Big Data –Specialty
TeiYi Guo for four AWS Certifications (3 Associates and a Big Data specialty)
Special thanks to our speakers:
Logan Song, YuJun Liang, Kevin Xu, Yi Wang, YangDong Zhang and Andy Wang and organizers who have given so much of their time to this group! We cannot be successful without their sacrifice and dedication!
Way to go DFW CIA! Together we rise!
– Hong Wei